- Direct entry to the 1st year of a range of Deakin University degrees
- Supportive learning environment provides the best possible preparation for Deakin University
- 8 to 12 months
*Tuition fees are expressed in AUD, with payment to be made in Rupiah at the prevailing rate as per Bank Indonesia (BI) regulations.
The Deakin College Foundation Year is equivalent to upper secondary school (Year 12) and university foundation programs. It aims to prepare you for further study in a Deakin College diploma or for entry into the first year of a selected Deakin University bachelor degree.
The course consists of eight academic units: four core units and four elective units.
Various support services focusing on language, literary and numeracy assistance are also available to help you in your studies. Each unit includes four hours of class contact per week. Assessment for all units is continuous and includes tests, assignments, and case study analysis. Most units have a final two hour examination. To graduate from the Deakin College Foundation Year, you must complete and pass all eight units.
Who should apply?
The Foundation Year is aimed at students who have completed the equivalent of high school Year 11.
Complete and pass eight units.
- FNDS013 Advanced Academic Communication Skills
- FNDS014 Intercultural Studies
- FNDS015 Information Technology
- FNDS016 Advanced Academic Writing and Research
- FNDB022 Management
- FNDB023 Marketing
- FNDB021 Economics
- FNDH023 Essential Mathematics
- FNDE021 Mathematics I
- FNDB020 Accounting
- FNDA021 Law
- FNDA022 Media
- FNDA023 Mass Communication
Academic entry requirements
- SMA II with an average grade of 7.0 in 4 academic subjects
- IGCSE/O levels: passes in 3 subjects
- IB Certificate
- Complete and pass GAC level 2
English entry requirements
The language of instruction at Deakin College is English. International students must be able to demonstrate English language proficiency before being admitted to a course. The following can be used as a general guide to English admission requirements.
- IELTS score of 5.5 (with no band score below 5.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 52 (Writing 15, Speaking 14, Listening and Reading 5)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Academic score of 42 – 49
- IGCSE/O Levels minimum grade C in English
- IB Certificate grade 4 in English
- Duolingo English Test 85
For more details about course plans, accepting your offer, subject availability, streams and unit overviews, please download the course and unit outline PDF.