- Direct entry to 2nd year bachelor degree in IT, Computer Science or Cyber Security
- Supportive learning environment provides the best possible preparation for Deakin University
- 8 months (Fast track)
- 12 months (Standard track)
*Tuition fees are expressed in AUD, with payments to be made in Rupiah at the prevailing rate as per Bank Indonesia (BI) regulations.
The Diploma of Information Technology provides a broad introduction to computing. Afterwards you can progress to a more specialised area during your degree such as computer science, cyber security, application development, cloud computing, creative technologies, game development and virtual and augmented reality.
Complete and pass eight units.
2 core units
- SIT102 Introduction to Programming
- SIT103 Data and Information Management
Plus an additional 6 units from
- SIT105 Thinking Technology and Design
- SIT111 Algorithms And Computing Systems
- SIT112 Data Science Concepts
- SIT113 Cloud Computing and Virtualisation
- SIT120 Introduction to Responsive Web Apps
- SIT123 Data Capture Technologies
- SIT124 Exploring I.T.
- SIT151 Game Fundamentals
- SIT162 Introduction to Creative Technologies
- SIT182 Real World Practices for Cyber Security
- SIT190 Introductory Mathematical Methods
- SIT192 Discrete Mathematics
Second Year Entry to Deakin University*
- S306 Bachelor of Computer Science
- S334 Bachelor of Cyber Security
- S326 Bachelor of Information Technology
- Application Development
- Cloud Computing
- Creative Technologies
- Cyber Security
- Game Development
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
Academic entry requirements
- SMA III with an average grade of 6.5 in 4 academic subjects
- 2 passes in GCE A-levels or equivalent
- Minimum IB Diploma score 22
- Complete and pass GAC level 3
English entry requirements
The language of instruction at Deakin College is English. International students must be able to demonstrate English language proficiency before being admitted to a course. The following can be used as a general guide to English admission requirements.
- IELTS score of 5.5 (with no band score below 5.5)
- TOEFL iBT score of 52 (Writing 19, Speaking 16, Listening and Reading 5)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Academic score of 42 – 49
- IGCSE/O Levels minimum grade C in English
- IB Diploma grade 4 in English
- Duolingo English Test 85
For more details about course plans, accepting your offer, subject availability, streams and unit overviews, please download the course and unit outline PDF.